About Arden HillsGovernmentDepartmentsBusiness
Go To Search


Posted on: April 5, 2017

Thinking about hiring a tree service company?

While City staff are not authorized to recommend a specific tree contractor, a tree service license is now required per City Ordinance - Chapter 3, Section 390.

Keep in mind that most reputable companies have all the work they can handle without the need to go door-to-door, and many times, door-knockers are looking to earn quick money.

When choosing a contractor, make sure you are not rushed into making a decision and do not pay in advance. You also have the right to obtain multiple bids and ask for references. 

When selecting a contractor, verify the company you have in mind has obtained a City license and make sure you receive a written contract that outlines the expectations such as work to be performed, clean-up details, total cost, etc.

More information about tree contractor licensing and a list of licensed contractors can be found here.

It is important to note that the City of Arden Hills also requires a solicitor/peddler permit for any individual going door to door. Residents should ask for proof of such permit.  If the individual(s) in question cannot produce a City of Arden Hills permit, please immediately contact the Ramsey County Sheriff's non-emergency number at 651-767-0640 to report the activity.  Residents can contact the City Clerk at 651-792-7811 to inquire if a particular company or individual has obtained a solicitor/peddler permit.
Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email