Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program
The Application deadline has been extended through September 25.
The City of Arden Hills has developed a Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program that will provide $150,000 in CARES Act Funds for local businesses adversely impacted by COVID-19. The application window will be open August 31 through September 25, 2020, or when funding is exhausted. Complete applications will be considered and awarded on a first-come basis.
- Funds may be used to help businesses continue their operations, preserve employment and prevent business closures in an effort to encourage long-term economic vitality in Arden Hills.
- The program would provide locally-owned and operated businesses with an emergency grant of up to $5,000.
- To be eligible to receive a grant, a business must demonstrate loss due to COVID-19 and meet the eligibility requirements and program parameters.
- Applicant shall have a physical establishment in the City of Arden Hills. If there is a parent company or a second location outside of the City of Arden Hills, only the entity located in Arden Hills will be eligible.
- Applicant shall be in good standing with the City of Arden Hills and Minnesota Secretary of State. If there is an issue pending with the Minnesota Secretary of State, applicant may still apply for the grant, but will need to demonstrate the issue has been satisfactorily resolved in order to be eligible and receive grant funds.
- Business shall be in operation long enough to demonstrate financial viability prior to the State of Minnesota Emergency Executive Order 20-04 (March 16, 2020).
- If required by either the state, county, or city, applicant must be licensed, in good standing.
- Applicant must be current on property taxes as of March 1, 2020.
- Applicant must employ between 3 and 45 employees as of March 2020.
- Applicant must disclose all federal, state, or local grant or loan applications for which applicant has applied which has been received or remains pending at the time of application.
- Applicant must certify in good faith that the uncertainty of current conditions makes the grant request necessary to support ongoing operations.
- Business shall be registered with the City’s Business Registration program.
- Commercial lease or mortgage payments.
- Accounts payable (AP) if the AP is a COVID-19 related expense incurred since March 1, 2020.
- Payroll, unless the business received Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) funds or pandemic unemployment insurance (UI) to cover the same period payroll expenses.
- Reopening costs or safety improvement costs expended since March 1, 2020 (i.e. outdoor seating, plexiglass, cleaning products, re-staffing costs, etc.)
- Costs associated with screening employees for COVID-19 upon business reopening.
The application window will be open August 31 – September 15.
- Interested business owners are asked to do the following:
- Complete and submit a Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Application (PDF) via email, or by mail or drop off to: Arden Hills City Hall, 1245 W Highway 96, Arden Hills, MN, 55112.
- Provide proof of application submittal, acceptance, approval and/or denial of state and federal emergency financing programs.
- If awarded funds, the applicant would be required to sign an acknowledgment agreement under which the applicant agrees to spend the awarded funds on eligible uses.
- Submit a brief report documenting how the grant funds were utilized by November 30, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact Mike Mrosla at 651-792-7822 or by email.