Your residential curbside recycling provider is Republic Services. With recycling services from Republic Services, you are able to recycle more items, bringing the City of Arden Hills closer to a zero-waste community.
Recycling is a city-wide service. There is no need to sign up—just wheel your recycling cart to the curb on the proper day and Republic Services will do the rest. All of your recycling can go in one cart. It is a single-stream collection. Recycling should not be bagged. Simply dump your recyclables into the cart.
Pick-Up Days, Map, and Holiday Schedule
- Properties south of I-694 have pick up on Tuesdays.
- Properties north of I-694 have pick up on Wednesdays.
Recycling trucks may be in your neighborhood at a different time each week, so please be sure to have your recycling out at the curb by 7 a.m. Recycling Collection Map
In 2021, there are FIVE holidays that will cause your recycling to be delayed by one day:
- New Year’s Day January 1
- Memorial Day May 31
- Labor Day September 6
- Thanksgiving Day November 25
- Christmas Day December 25
Please remember to place your recycling and garbage carts on opposite sides of your driveway.
- Cardboard & non-greasy pizza boxes (flattened to smaller than 3ft x3 ft)
- Magazines, mail, phone books, office paper (place shredded paper in a closed bag)
- Newspaper and inserts
- Most plastic food and beverage containers (empty, rinse, dry). Plastics labeled 1, 2 or 5 are recyclable.
- Boxboard (i.e. cereal, pasta, food, pop and beer boxes)
- Glass bottles and jars (empty, rinse, dry)
- Milk cartons and juice boxes (remove lids, rinse, flatten)
- Steel and aluminum cans, foil and trays (rinse clean, labels are OK)
- DO NOT put plastic bags in your recycling bin.
For recycling questions or to report a concern regarding your weekly collection of recyclables, please contact Republic Services at (952) 941-5174, visit their website, or email them. You can also contact Arden Hills City Hall at (651) 792-7800.
Many non-profit organizations offer curbside recycling pick-up of clothing and small household items. Organizations include: DAV, Epilepsy Foundation, Goodwill, Salvation Army and more. Visit their websites for more information, or visit Donation Town for links to local organizations that provide curbside pickup.
Thanks to all of you, our city recycled 804 tons of material in 2019! Keep up the great work!