Your residential curbside recycling provider is Republic Services. With recycling services from Republic Services, you are able to recycle more items, bringing the City of Arden Hills closer to a zero-waste community.
Recycling is a city-wide service. There is no need to sign up, just wheel your recycling cart to the curb on the proper day and Republic Services will do the rest. All of your recycling can go in one cart. It is a single-stream collection. Recycling should not be bagged. Simply dump your recyclables into the cart.
Collections Times and Map
Properties south of I-694 have pick-up on Tuesdays, properties north of I-694 have pick-up on Wednesdays. Recycling trucks may be in your neighborhood at a different time each week, so please be sure to have your recycling out at the curb by 7:00 a.m. Recycling Collection Map
Please remember to place your recycling and garbage carts on opposite sides of your driveway.
- Cardboard & non-greasy pizza boxes (flattened to smaller than 3ft x3 ft)
- Magazines, mail, phone books, office paper (place shreddedpaper in a closed bag)
- Newspaper and inserts
- Most plastic food and beverage containers (empty, rinse,dry). Plastics labeled 1, 2 or 5 are recyclable.
- Boxboard (i.e. cereal, pasta, food, pop and beer boxes)
- Glass bottles and jars (empty, rinse, dry)
- Milk cartons and juice boxes (remove lids, rinse, flatten)
- Steel and aluminum cans, foil and trays (rinse clean, labelsare OK)
- DO NOT put plastic bags in your recycling bin.
For recycling questions or to report a concern regarding your weekly collection of recyclables, please contact Republic Services at (952) 941-5174, visit their website, or email them. You can also contact Arden Hills City Hall at (651) 792-7800.
Residents can recycling clothing, textiles and small household items alongside their regularly scheduled curbside recycling day. Simple Recycling offers a free service to residents. You can get Simple Recycling bags from City Hall and place them at your curb with your other recyclables.
Many non-profit organizations offer curbside recycling pick-up of clothing and small household items. Organizations include: DAV, Epilepsy Foundation, Goodwill, Salvation Army and more. Visit their websites for more information, or visit Donation Town for links to local organizations that provide curbside pickup.