Due to the ongoing and worsening drought conditions across Minnesota, the Saint Paul Regional Water Services (SPRWS) announced watering restrictions effective today, Tuesday, August 17, 2021. These restrictions apply to all SPRWS customers, including Arden Hills’ residents.
The watering schedule is as follows:
- odd-numbered addresses can water on odd-numbered days of the month.
- even-numbered addresses can water on even-numbered days of the month.
Watering Time Restrictions
- Outdoor watering can only take place before noon or after 6 p.m. any day.
- Commercial uses of outdoor water, including nurseries or community gardens.
- New sod or seed can be watered if daily watering is required. It is recommended that any planting of new sod or seeds be delayed until the fall or until drought conditions subside.
- Trees may be watered with a dripping hose, bucket, or tree watering bag as needed.
The full press release is available here, and for water conservation tips, visit SPRWS’s website.