COVID-19 Business Resources
COVID-19 Vaccine Employer Toolkit
The Minnesota Department of Health has developed an online toolkit to assist employers in finding the resources they need to help their workforce get vaccinated safely and efficiently: COVID-19 Vaccine Employer Toolkit
Face Covering Requirements in the State of Minnesota
On July 22, 2020 Governor Walz signed an Executive Order 20-81 that requires Minnesotans to wear a face covering (mask) in indoor businesses and indoor public settings, as well as other settings. To ask questions or report violations of this Executive Order that relate to worker health and safety: Contact the Department of Labor and Industry by email at email@example.com or by phone at 651-284-5050 or 1-877-470-6742. Visit the Minnesota Department of Health FAQ web page for additional information.
Stay Safe MN Guidance for Businesses
For the latest information regarding best practices and regulations pertaining to businesses in Minnesota during the pandemic, visit the State's Industry Guidelines web page.
Visit Minnesota's Department of Labor website for more information pertaining to businesses safely returning to work.
SBA Announces Resources for Restaurants
April 21, 2021—The SBA just announced new resources that are available for restaurants. You can find more information on this at:
Congress Passes The American Rescue Plan
March 18, 2021—The American Rescue Plan, which Congress passed recently, included several provisions for small and medium size businesses. Here is a link to a 6 page fact sheet you might find useful. The content for businesses are highlighted in the areas of Unemployment Insurance, State Small Business Credit Initiatives, and Employee Retention Credit and Paid Leave:
Governor Walz Signs COVID-19 Relief Package Bill
The bill provides $216 million to be dispersed in grants and direct aid for economic relief. Close to $115 million is allocated to counties to assist businesses in their communities; up to $88 million is slated for restaurants, bars, and other businesses that have suffered at minimum a 30% reduction in sales from last year. The bill also provides a 13-week extension of unemployment insurance if Congress fails to act before federal jobless benefits expire Dec. 26.
For more detailed information about how local businesses may receive support, read the Minnesota Department of Revenue’s COVID-19 Business Relief Payments Bulletin.
Xcel Energy Discount for Businesses Impacted by COVID-19 or Civil Unrest
If your business is an Xcel Energy electric customer in Minnesota and saw an electric load decrease of 25% or more as a direct result of the pandemic or civil unrest, you may qualify for a 25% discount on the base energy and demand charges on your bill from Jan. 1 through Aug. 31, 2021. To find out more and get started, fill out the interest form on Xcel's website.
Ramsey County Resources
- Ramsey County Business Resources
- Open to Business has tools for financial support options within Ramsey County. Noah Her, Ramsey County’s Open to Business adviser, is available to businesses looking for a one-on-one consultation to discuss their options in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis. Contact Noah by phone at 612-294-1911 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org..
- Ramsey County Small Business Relief Fund—Ramsey County is providing emergency assistance to small local businesses adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Small Business Relief Fund will provide grants of up to $7,500 to small businesses most in need of support.
Additional Resources for Small Businesses
- Small Business Disaster Loan program
For Coronavirus relief options for businesses through the SBA, click here.
- MnDEED Emergency Loan Program for Small Businesses
- MnDEED: A Guide for Small Businesses Who Need Help
- MN Retailers Association offers a Guide for Reopening Businesses.
- Business4Business Small Business Recovery Fund
City of Arden Hills Grant Opportunity
- MN Department of Employment & Economic Development COVID-19 Updates
- Center for Disease Control Business Guidance
- Minnesota Dept. of Health COVID-19 Business Information
- MN Chamber COVID-19 Readiness
- Twin Cities North Chamber of Commerce
- US Chamber of Commerce
- MSP Airport
- Check this page for updates. To receive COVID-19 email or text updates from the city, visit Notify Me and the Alert Center to sign up for the latest announcements.