The water hardness in Arden Hills is 5-10 grains.
The city water system includes:
2 – Water towers
47 – Miles of watermain
486 – Valves
472 – Hydrants
1 – Booster station
The City of Arden Hills supplies, on average, 4.8 million gallons of water per day to its residents and businesses. During the summer months, when water is used to irrigate commercial and residential properties, water use increases to 7.1 million gallons per day.
If you are experiencing a problem with the water supply please contact us at 651-792-7800. If this is an after-hours emergency please call the Ramsey County Sheriff at 651-767-0640.
Every home and business has a water meter to measure the amount of water used by a property which is used to calculate a monthly utility bill. Meters can be located in various locations throughout a home or business, but generally will be located in the laundry room or furnace areas. Questions related to sewer and water utility billing can be directed to city Finance staff at 651-792-7814.
Drinking Water Quality
Each year, the City of Arden Hills tests the drinking water and publishes the results of those tests. Results are received from the Minnesota Department of Health in the spring of the following year (example: 2022 results are received and posted in the spring of 2023). A print version is available upon request. Please call 651-792-7800.
- 2022 Drinking Water Report (PDF)
- 2021 Drinking Water Report (PDF)
- 2020 Drinking Water Report (PDF)
- 2019 Drinking Water Report (PDF)
- 2018 Drinking Water Report (PDF)
- 2017 Drinking Water Report (PDF)
- 2016 Drinking Water Report (PDF)
- 2015 Drinking Water Report (PDF)
- January 9, 2017 Sample Analysis Results - Public Water Supply (PDF)
Water Conservation at Home
- Don’t flush trash down the toilet. Five to seven gallons of water is wasted every time you flush a cigarette butt, facial tissue or other small bit of trash.
- Check your toilets, faucets and pipes for leaks regularly. EyeonWater makes this easy for residents!
- Install water-saving shower heads and low-flow faucet aerators.
- Use your water meter to check for hidden water leaks.
- Insulate your water pipes.
- Take shorter showers. The recommended time is 5 minutes.
- Shut off the water while brushing your teeth, only run it when necessary for rinsing or other use.
- Only wash clothes and run the dishwasher when there is a full load.
- When washing dishes by hand, fill the sink up with hot water instead of leaving the faucet running.
Taken from the International Code Council's Building Safety Month "Everyone Needs Water (PDF)"\ brochure.
Want to know how much water you’re using at your Arden Hills home or business?
EyeOnWater is a tool that tracks water usage and allows users to set up alerts for potential leakage or other problems, like a leaky toilet or sprinkler system. Users receive consumption graphs to visualize their usage throughout the billing cycle. Play the video below for a comprehensive explanation of this convenient tool! Access EyeonWater online or via the app.
To sign up:
1. Visit eyeonwater.com/signup
2. Enter your service or billing Postal Code and your account number (all 9 digits with no dash), which can be found on your utility bill
3. Enter your email and create a password
Help with using EyeOnWater can be found online at https://helpeyeonwater.com.