Solicitors & Peddlers Licenses

Any individual going door-to-door shall obtain a Peddlers/Solicitors/Transient Merchant License from the City Clerk's office. There are some exceptions to this requirement, however, such as religious organizations and candidates during an election season. For questions, please contact the City Clerk at 651-792-7811. 

Applicants for this type of application must also fill out one of the following application forms:

You can also review Chapter 3, Section 340 of City Code which discusses requirements and regulations for peddlers and solicitors.

For Residents:

The photo below provides an example of the permit that licensed peddlers and solicitors in Arden Hills will be issued. The permit will be signed and have the City seal applied.  If a solicitor or peddler cannot produce a the permit upon request, call the City Clerk during business hours or 911 after hours to report them.  

Please note issuance of a solicitor/peddler license does constitute an endorsement by the City of Arden Hills for the particular company/business.  The City urges residents to do their due diligence in checking out the vendor/company (Better Business Bureau, obtaining referrals, etc.).

Solicitor Permit Example