Tree Service License

Tree Service License

Pursuant to Chapter 3, Section 390 of the Arden Hills City Code, all persons engaging in a business that maintains, trims, removes, or treats trees or shrubs within the city must obtain a license from the city. This is to ensure the contractor carries adequate property damage insurance, general liability insurance and worker’s compensation.

City tree service licenses must be applied for annually. In order to be licensed by the City of Arden Hills, a Tree Service License Application form must be completed and submitted with a certificate of insurance, listing the city as a certificate holder, and a yearly fee paid.

Once a license is obtained, the city will maintain a current list of registered Tree Service Contractors as referenced below. Please note city staff are not authorized to recommend a specific contractor.

For further questions, please contact the Deputy City Clerk at 651-792-7830.

Contact Us

  1. Julie Hanson

    Assistant to the City Administrator/City Clerk
    Email Julie Hanson

    Jolene Trauba

    Deputy Clerk
    Email Jolene Trauba